INSTRUMENTS USE IN SETTING OUT
1) Measuring tape
2) Builders square
3) Spirit level
4) Profile board
5) Dumpy level
7) Plumb bob
9) Marking board
ACCURACY IN SETTING OUT
1. Steel tapes should not be sag while measuring
2. Steel tape should be straight and should be parallel or align to the line along which measuring require.
3. Each measuring should be taken from fixed datum in setting out.
4. Survey instruments should be properly leveled and centered.
5. Any errors in instruments should be taken in to consideration.
6. Cross checking is important to ensure the accuracy.
LEVELS IN BUILDING (Vertical measuring)
In multi storied buildings construction, it is necessary to construct floors according to the levels given in the elevation drawings. Normally levels are given with respect to some datum. This datum is known as temporary bench mark (TBM). In this site, TBM setup at site denotes G.L + 0.3m. All the vertical distances of the buildings are measured with respect to the given datum. We can use engineering level and steel tape to transfer levels vertically.